Our Journey

Our Journey

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Detention


Man!!!, Natalie and I's parents must have done something right.... I got into trouble a few times in school, but never to the best of my knowledge received detention. Not sure about Nat, but I'm pretty sure she never got it either. This pic kind of demonstrates what I thought detention must be like when I was in middle school, and even in high school. Some form of capital punishment, where the teacher can make you do whatever they wanted, and I was pretty sure I didn't want to be there. No matter how bad detention would have been, life would have been even worse after getting back home......

Sure doesn't seem that way anymore. I have done more detentions as a teacher (paid supervisor!) than I did in school.... It's kinda funny actually. Here at our school the kids have to sit with their hands on their desks, facing the front of the room for a solid 45 minutes. It's actually kinda comical being in my position. It's not really how I envisioned detention in middle school, however, I'm sure I still would not have liked it very much. The funny thing is most of the kids are repeat offenders, and I'm pretty sure detention is the extent of the trouble they get in. (no more punishment after getting home) Cheers to watching 7 middle school students squirm and fidget in absolute silence for 45 very long minutes...... :) One more day of school till break!

No comments: