Our Journey

Our Journey

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Book Review

I finished this book last night about 11:45. It was riveting. Throughout the entire book I had a hard time putting it down. I love reading books that are easy to get into, and once you get into them so riveting, that you don't want to put it down. The book starts off with Shaun Ellis telling a little about his background, and his experiences with animals, specifically dogs, growing up. It's a hook that immediately catches almost anyone's attention because almost everyone can relate to having dogs as a child. Throughout the book, he describes his time spent living with wolves. Anyone who grew up with the woods, or in the country would have an easy time relating with this book. Having spend time in the woods at night, you hear sounds that you never hear during the day, and sense that other animals are watching you all the time. However, the woods that I spent all my time in definitely didn't have wolves in them..... I don't know that I would have spent any time in them in the dark if they had! The fact that Shaun Ellis continually puts his life at risk to save these magnificent creatures is just absolutely amazing. Halfway through the book I thought I had already read the most exciting part, but they just keep coming at ya and you continue to wonder what he will do next to learn more about the wolf pack. I highly recommend this book!!! An amazing and decently light read. Will also give you much better insight into dog behavior, and our relationship with them as humans. Two Thumbs Up!

No comments: