Our Journey

Our Journey

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Ego Stoking.....

May is National Bike to Work Month, and this week is Bike to Work Week, with Friday being Bike to Work Day. :) I have ridden to work every day this week, and most days last week. Actually since moving to Gypsum, Natalie and I have both ridden to work the majority of the days.

This morning I got a sick sort of pleasure on my way to school...(and immediately felt guilty...) I was riding on my road bike carrying my coffee mug in one of the bottle holders and running a bit late for Pack meeting. As I was coming down the hill from the house, I see this guy out on his morning ride. He has about 15 seconds on me and is heading up this long hill, and my competitive nature just completely takes over.... I decide to use him as a carrot, and see if I can catch him. As he hits the base of the climb he stands to power up it. So still seated, I got on the gas a bit, and before we hit the top I just flew past him. He was still standing, and I just made him look like he was standing still..... That is the first time that has ever happened on a climb.... I hope his ego isn't bruised to badly.... He got passed by a commuter who was still sitting (although also on a $5,000 racing bike)....... Oh well, enough ego stoking.... Have a good day, and.......

"Work to Bike More" - New Belgium Brewery

No comments: