Our Journey

Our Journey

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Things I am surprised by...

At the US Open

1) people actually talk at matches. On tv it seems as if it's silent in the stands. I assure you, it definitely is not! 
2) professional tennis players do not pick up tennis balls. Ever. I've watched practice sessions and matches for two days now and have not seen a pro pick up one single tennis ball. They either have a ball boy (match) or a coach/assistant (practice) who picks up the tennis balls for them. Seriously??
3) the folks working at the US Open have been nice. Beyond nice. This isn't a surprise as in I expected them to be mean, but I didn't expect them to be so overly friendly. Out-of-their way friendly. Apologizing for a wait in the security line. Wishing me a good day or evening. Offering assistance with Kyler. Love it! 

No comments: