Our Journey

Our Journey

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Father's Day

dad's 60th birthday party
I didn't get to see my dad on Father's Day since we are staying pretty close to home these days.  But I talked to him, and will see him soon once the baby is born.  We got him a little book with lots of pictures from his 60th birthday party a few weeks earlier.  I think he really enjoyed the pics.  As I've grown older and have started a family of my own, I realize the things I cherish most about my dad are his ability to accept us kids where we are (faults and all) and his commitment to his Faith. 

I married the best man I could have ever selected to be a father to our kids.  Nick is a patient, loving, creative, and fun dad.  He works so hard as a stay-at-home dad, and I am so thankful every day for his commitment to our family.  I can honestly say that I know his job as a stay-at-home dad is much more challenging than my daily job of teaching 6th and 7th grade math.  Nick is an incredible role model for our children as a parent and a husband.  I love him for his dedication to being a man that teaches his children the importance of God and family.  He always thinks outside-the-box, and works his bike training schedule around the kids' needs, he supports me in all I do both personally and professionally, and he makes so many sacrifices for all of us.  I am so grateful for these sacrifices and the hard work he puts in to creating positive  family relationships.
nick and the kids in his father's day gift - a hammock for the backyard!
           

No comments: