Our Journey

Our Journey

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Lindy Leighn Turns 2

Almost.  She's not technically 2 until Wednesday.  But today was the beginning of our celebration.  I've said it before, but I had no idea what my life was missing until God gave me this beautiful little girl.  She is a hoot - a tomboy and a princess all wrapped in to one.  I love celebrating my kids' birthdays, and I love the work behind planning a fun party for them.  Lindy's theme was bubbles, so we focused on round things :)

I decided to make a bubble cake for Lindy.  I made the batter for a cake (homemade - this recipe rocked!) and colored some portions of batter in 5 different colors to make cake balls.  Once the cake balls were cooked and cooled, I put them in the cake pans to have the remaining cake batter bake around the cake balls.  The hardest part of this little experiment was not knowing how things turned out until we cut the cake today!


For the party fun, I had planned bubble activities.  Nothing structured, just lots of bubbles and wands, a big bubble maker, and a bubble machine.  Thankfully the weather held out and the little kids (and big kids) had a ton of fun making and popping bubbles.
 Decorations and food were simple.  I just picked colors to match Lindy's invitations, and food that was round that Lindy likes.
food options: mac and cheese (with round shapes), grapes, circle crackers, circle sausage, circle cheese, cheese ball puffs, balled cantaloupe, blueberries, donut holes, circle rice krispies, clementines, meatballs
party favors
Random pics:
Lindy was "helping" me decorate her cake.  And she spilled the container of pearl candies we were using.  So I made her pick them all up.  And then she ate them.  
new favorite pic of Lindy and I


favorite presents - she insists on taking both the stroller and baby pack-n-play everywhere with her...
Lindy loved passing out the party favors as people left

2 comments:

Michelle said...

LOVE that pic of you & Lindy! So beautiful! Happy 2nd Bday party, princess!!! See you soon!:)

Melinda Brandt said...

It looks awesome! Lindy is looking so big and mature! Miss you guys!