Our Journey

Our Journey

Friday, October 11, 2013

TMIY


 That Man is You I've been going to this group for a few weeks now at St. Anthony Parish at 545 in the morning. Sometimes on Thursday nights, I briefly have a feeling of dread, like I don't really want to get up at 515am. But it usually passes quickly and I look forward to my Friday mornings. When I leave at just after 7 after watching a short film and good conversation, I always feel much better about my day and life in general. It's such a good chance to just sit and reflect and discuss the issues with society today with like minded individuals. Not that we are all alike, but we all share the same struggles, which are living a Christian family oriented lifestyle in today's society.

Today's lesson focused on Marriage and went through the scripture teachings in the Bible about how man and woman are created to be together in marriage. The take away from my small group discussion was that: Society leads us to believe that we should focus on ourselves and do whatever it is we need to do to take care of ourselves and to make ourselves happy. Our challenge as Christian married couples is to challenge that view and be good examples for Christ in society. To show society that we are willing to work on our marriages to keep them healthy and that we are willing to make family and others the most important thing in our lives in order to fulfill the way the Bible says we should live.

It's always a great start to the weekend and just gives me a chance to refocus and reflect.

No comments: