Our Journey

Our Journey

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Big Local Bike Ride

Sunday I had organized a 100 mile bike ride. I just wanted the training miles to get ready for a race dad and I have in 2 weeks. I wanted people to ride with, so I put out an invite on FaceBook and advertised pasta and beer afterward. We had 12 people that started out and we finished with 9! That is one of the biggest group rides I've ever been on in Effingham County, and the caliber of the riders was by far the best of any group ride I've ever been on here. It was a super strong group and everyone did their share of the work. We did a large loop over a few central IL counties. Effingham, Cumberland, Coles, Shelby. It was a great ride! We had 3 stops.... All at Casey's... Thinking they should sponsor us or something for supporting them... Most of us struggled a bit at times, but all came through great in the end. It's so much fun riding with a strong group. Finished with 107 miles (no flat tires was super nice!) East and North were headwind miles, then south for 30 miles back to Effingham with a nice tailwind! Needless to say, there were some tired bodies after.

 

No comments: