Our Journey

Our Journey

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Boxes

I have done nothing to prepare for the move.  Well, not true.  I've attempted to find a house to rent, attempted to sell our house, secured a rental vehicle, arranged for a hotel and flight for myself and the kids, those types of things.  But in terms of physically being ready to move, we are at negative 203.  Or perhaps even negative one million...

But today I turned a corner.  I had Nick check out the crawl space for any original boxes that I could use before I start getting creative with my packing.  He found some boxes for the Fiesta plates so I boxed up 7 whole dinner settings.  Then I boxed up 4 wine glasses.  And finally, I managed to get 4 beer steins in a box.  Then I called it a day :)

My plan is to do some major packing both tomorrow and Tuesday.  I had done some research online to see what ideas and strategies I should consider when packing the house.  I really didn't find anything helpful.  I'm not sure what suggestions I had thought I'd find online...  So I'll get started with things we don't really need in the next few weeks. 

Then on Wednesday we'll pack up to go camping for a few days.  We're heading up to Yampa to get a final camping trip in.  Prayers for no increase in the fire ban and good weather :)

 

 

No comments: