Our Journey

Our Journey

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Coaching

Basketball has been going great. It's so much fun working with the 7th graders in that aspect again. I missed it more than I had realized. I have a team that runs 1o deep with talent. They lack size and belief in themselves.

We had a big test tonight against Eagle Valley Middle School, who also happens to be our biggest rival! We were coming off a 3 game win streak and starting to believe in ourselves a bit, but I knew my kids didn't truly believe they could win tonight. They believed that they really wanted to win, but the confidence just wasn't there. We played great the first half and 3rd quarter. We held our composure until 4 minutes to go in the 4th quarter. We were up by 3, then gave up 3 easy layups, and turned the ball over on two consecutive trips. We lost by 10.

The kids were pretty disappointed, as was I. I was more disappointed for them because I believe they are the better team. I have to try to get them to believe in themselves more... Of course, it never helps when you go 13/30 from the free throw line.... ouch...

A week off for Thanksgiving break. Time for some rest and family time! Looking forward to spending lots of time with Natalie and Cayle, and Natalie's brother's family in CO Springs!

No comments: