Our Journey

Our Journey

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Health Check

Not sure what the deal is. I am in excellent shape, and feel like my arms look similar to the one above, at least as far as the veins go. Whenever I go in to give blood or get blood drawn, the nurses are always like, wow, such nice veins...(weird) this will be quick and easy... Then they stick the needle in, and in a little further, and wiggle it around a little... nothing, I am starting to get queasy and know that if they don't get blood soon I will pass out, the needle goes in a bit further, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, probe, probe, probe, FINALLY! the blood starts to flow, and I'm OUT like a light! Wake up sweating, everyone is concerned, get the man some sugar (low from fasting for the previous 12 hours!) This happens more often than not. It has happened 3 times that I have had blood drawn. Couple cups of orange juice and back to normal. I know my blood pressure is really low, and they are always amazed how low my pulse is, but it sucks having someone probe around in your arm with a needle, while knowing (me) what the end result is going to be :) Oh well, one of the costs of keeping myself healthy I guess...

No comments: