Our Journey

Our Journey

Friday, March 4, 2011

Competitiveness

My competitiveness came out to play a bit today. Cayle and I were out for a bike ride on the bike path about 10 minutes from the house. I was pushing the pace pretty good, and this guy on his bike, on the road comes by me at a pretty high rate of speed. I had no idea he was there, but he passed me so quickly, it was like he was issuing a challenge... (that's what it seemed like to me..) So what did I do you ask? Why, I chased him down. Even though I was on the bike path, with a much less direct route, and also pulling Cayle in the chariot, I caught him about 10 minutes later, just outside of Eagle. As I pull even with him, he turns to me and says, "you must have been really movin, because there was no way I thought you would catch me pulling that kiddie trailer!" Made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside in a sick sort of way! Then he tells me that he had to work his butt off just to catch and pass me in the first place (which is why he came by me so fast.) I rode with and talked to him a bit, bid him a good day, and headed home, extremely pleased with myself! :-)

No comments: