Our Journey

Our Journey

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

One World Two Wheels

Stumbled upon this great movement designed to encourage bike commuting on all trips within 2 miles of your home. Pretty cool if you commit to doing it, you can see how much gas we end up not buying, and the pollution you are helping to prevent. I have ridden my bike approx. 20 times this year to school to help do my part (4 miles round trip). One World Two Wheels '

In other news, since the 24 hours of Moab, I have begun a new activity. Swimming.... Now my wife and her sister are both accomplished swimmers, and somehow make this activity look easy.... Let me be the first to confirm!!!!, It is by no means an easy sport! I have now been swimming for about 3 weeks, 2 days a week, and am finally beginning to get my breathing down. It's still all I can do to swim 50m without stopping for an extended breathing session.... Baby steps....My wife is an excellent resource, as well as several guys at the pool that I swim with at 5:30 in the morning on Monday and Wednesdays. I've drank more chlorinated pool water in the past 3 weeks.......

No comments: