Our Journey

Our Journey

Thursday, October 1, 2009

BABY!!!!


Last week Tuesday, Natalie surprised me with tickets to Interbike in Las Vegas!!! One of the largest bicycle shows in the world! Inside The Sands convention center was almost everything bicycle that a person could ever dream of. I was super uber excited to be there and experience the sensory overload of bicycles and paraphernalia! Yet at the same time my mind was in another place..... I left for Vegas on Tuesday night, and on Wednesday Natalie had a very important visit to the Doctor's office. About two weeks previous she had shown a positive result on the at home pregnancy test. But we agreed not to tell anyone until after the doctors appointment. That was a fairly difficult thing to do, especially when another teacher at school came in one day and announced that she was pregnant, and that they hadn't been to the doctors yet, but she was just so excited and wanted to share the information with everyone. It was difficult for Natalie to sit and listen to that information knowing that she was in the same boat, yet we had agreed to wait until after the doctors visit. So all afternoon in Vegas at the bike show I was waiting for the phone call from her confirming the news and then we could begin telling people. The call came around about 5:00 Vegas time, and I was so excited to tell the people I was with after I told my parents, and she told her parents. It was an exciting time for both of us to share this news with everyone!!! While there were many amazing bicycles and cool bicycle gear, my mind was obviously elsewhere! I found tons of bicycle things for babies! I have had my eye on these Striders (shown below) for a while now.... as they are a big thing out here in CO. I also found the Chariot bike and ski stroller line. It has many different attachments for different activities. On my last morning at the show, I scored the sweet ONESIE shown above. Baby's first outfit!!! Somehow Natalie's dad was not surprised by this one......but I thought it was super cool! She is due sometime in May we think, and are not planning on finding out if it's a boy or girl.

2 comments:

AmandaH said...

YEEHAW!!!!!!! Congratulations! We are very excited for you both and can't wait to read progress reports on your blog.
Um, and Frank is making a comment in the background about this blowing the theory about sterility and cyclists...LOL.

Yay!

Amanda (and inappropriate comments from Frank)

Nick & Natalie said...

Yeah...I had been telling Nick he was going to rid us of all chances with all of his bike riding...wrong yet again, Natalie!