Our Journey

Our Journey

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

SNOWBOARDING!!!!!!

Last weekend I got out on Saturday morning for a bit of snowboarding with Alana and Torrey. There were about 1500 people in line for the lift after I purchased my first ever SEASON PASS! WOW! I have a season pass, I always dreamed about that moment! Natalie will be getting hers this weekend on Saturday. She and Alana are taking a full day lesson that is provided for free by the school district. A $135.00 value!






I was sitting below this sign and Torrey came around and stopped right below me and sat down between my legs.... just almost popped down on my lap. Felt a little..... weird.... :) Alana just had to get a picture.

We took the ECO bus up to Vail from Eagle for 6 bucks round trip. Good deal since you dont have to deal with parking and all in Vail. The snow was phenomenal! Excellent powder. Man it felt good to be back on my board! It has been about two years since Natalie and I went to Breckenridge. I was worried about forgetting how to ride, but it all came back pretty naturally.

Right after I got off the first lift, I decided to take the bull by the horns and ride off a small ledge. There was a lot of powder on the landing and I didn't have the nose of the board up high enough, so I face planted. Here you can see the leftover snow sticking to my peach fuzz....




Beautiful picture of the snow in the trees and on the slope. 75" thus far on the mountain. 0" in Eagle around the house. They are only about 25 miles apart......















Below is a picture of Alan practicing her smile. My good deed for the day was teaching her to take off her board and sit on it to use it as a sled on the flat catwalk areas. Sweet board Alana!