Our Journey

Our Journey

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A Day of Firsts!!!

Hi! My name is Nicholas Joseph Brummer and yesterday on the 3rd of November, at the ripe old age of 27, I voted in a United States of America election for the very first time! I know, I know, you ask why did I vote so soon after turning 18..... Seriously though, for some reason I really got into this election. I believe it was because there are so many issues facing our great country that I have a personal interest in. Whatever the reasons, I am kind of ashamed that I haven't voted before this, yet at the same time excited that I finally have voted.

We are also witnessing a piece of history, it is the first time in the history of the U.S.A., that we have had an African American President. I pray that he leads our country in a good direction and fights for the issues which I find so important.

Side Note: I had a cool encounter tonight with one of the horned kind. The District Office is a block from our house and I had a meeting with the powers that be to learn about a couple of new intensive reading programs that we are implementing at school. Training was from 4:30-6:00. I got done about 6:30 and was walking home and all of a sudden I see this shadow walk out in front of me on the sidewalk.... (Eyes were still adjusting....) Then all of a sudden I was seeing clearly. About 3 sidewalk cracks in front of me stood a buck mule deer. A small rack of about 8 points or so, and I was like WOW! COOL! Then all of a sudden, I was thinking this thing could freak and decide to attack me, so I started waving my arms and yelling like a madman. The deer just stood and stared at me, like I was some sort of weirdo! (debatable...) Then he kind of trotted back the direction he had come to stand on the street to wait until after the strange thing (me) had passed. After reflecting on this special encounter, I realize how cool it really was, the thing was about 5-6 feet away from me and I didn't even see it until the last second.

Truly a night of firsts.

1 comment:

Drama Queen 29.6 said...

Hm, I think your Uncle Rich might ask WHY you didn't vote sooner......