Our Journey

Our Journey

Friday, November 7, 2008

After School Soccer Club and Mt. Lions

The kids in the after school club, do homework after school on Monday and Wednesday, and then on Friday they get to play soccer. I first played with them a couple of weeks ago and we played outdoors on the school field. Tonight I played with them again but we played indoor in the gym. The social studies teacher (who is also new this year from Cali) and I were on the same team. We had 4 teams, all pretty evenly matched. It was a blast. I always forget how much I enjoy playing soccer. It is really fun playing with the Jr. High kids and seeing them learn more everytime we play. I think all but 1 or 2 of the kids are of hispanic heritage. It reminds me of the couple of times that I played soccer with the Mexicans that worked in Effingham. It's really cool to see their passion for the game.

In other news, there was a reverse 911 call last night to some of our neighbors, alerting them to a Mt. Lion being in town and to keep their pets inside. WOW! A mt. lion right in town just down the street from the house.... Wrigley woulda tore him up is probably why he didn't stop by for Sophie's birthday party..... (more on that to come). As we get more snow up in the high country the animals are starting to move down into town. We have seen mule deer in town the past 2 days, 6 of them this morning. In a couple more weeks we have been told the Elk will begin to move into town as well.

1 comment:

Drama Queen 29.6 said...

Good to know everyone's safe!