Our Journey

Our Journey

Sunday, September 21, 2008

We're singing now, Go Cubs Go, Go Cubs Go....


Yesterday, Saturday, September 20, 2008 (the day before my mom turned even older!!! lol just kidding!)...anyway, yesterday, the Cubs clinched the division. Very exciting news in this household. My friend Mel was there and proclaimed it amazing! She also pinned down a shirt to send me, so soon I can sport that puppy all around the Rockies fans :-)

Very excited about the postseason and just want to remain as calm as possible about things. Our fearless leader Lou Piniella has reminded us that this is not the end of the trip, that there is lots more for us (as Cubs fans and those players) to accomplish before we can be satisfied. That being said, I did still sneak a peak at the schedule, and should the Cubs make it to the World Series (I said should which is really just like hypothetically speaking so no, I'm not going to jinx them), but should they make it to the World Series, you will find this here Cubs fan (without Cardinalish husband because someone has to be responsible in this partnership...we can't just both jet off whenever we like!) in Wrigleyville when the Cubs play at home on October 25 & 26. Yes kids, that's a weekend. So there will be minimal amounts of work missed as I fly (ewwww!!!) my happy butt from Denver to Chicago to meet up with my Cub-fan friends to experience Wrigleyville for a World Series. Now what happens if they don't make it that far? Well, obviously, that's money saved on the plane ticket, one more day at work and one sad Cubs fan who would say "wait 'til next year" :-(

Now, enough of that. Hope you have enjoyed the new pics of Flat Natalie, sent straight from Chatham, IL. Photos courtesy of Markiss & Tammijean!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

That's right folks...I was there. It was the most amazing cub game I've ever been to and to clinch against the cards was even better. I will never forget what I experienced last night. Hopefully we will get to see Natalie at the end of October. Keep your fingers crossed and your prayers strong!

Drama Queen 29.6 said...

Responsible in the partnership?! Sounds like a marriage....

Drama Queen 29.6 said...

Forgot to add that my newphew in CO is being raised as: Illini basketball fan, Michigan football, and Rockies baseball!

Markiss said...

Nice pics! October of my 50th year will be very special. I can die a happy man if my beloved Cubbies can make it to the fall classic. GO CUBS GO!