Our Journey

Our Journey

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Weirdness

As promised, here is the "stunning" shot of myself with Jerry Springer...taken last Friday at FAC. From left to right, Alana, Jeannine, Lisa, Jerry and moi:


And now, something that is actually cool. My 6th hour is an English language learner (ELL) math class...aka they speak Spanish...alot :-) Two of the students are labeled NEP...that's right, non-english proficient, as in NOT bilingual. And today it just so happened their interpreter did not show up. Now, obviously everyone in the class can help translate except for me, but it's a bit disruptive for students to try translating and listening at the same time. So we were making do as best we could. And one of the NEP's had a paper to turn in but he did not have his name on the paper, so I pointed at his paper and said "nombre". And lo and behold, he wrote his name at the top of the page and handed it to me! Tada!!!!!! It was a feeling of great success. And it got me to thinking...which is never good...but I have been thinking what will I do to further myself...should I take culinary classes?? Learn a new activity...like rock climbing or something? Then it hit me, I could learn Spanish! That would actually be useful. So I think I'll check it out...it would open up lots of opportunities for me.............................. (can you see the wheels in my head spinning???) Maybe I will post an ad in the newspaper: local teacher wants to learn Spanish...for cheap!

Next bit of info...sadly, my friend and older (and I mean OLDER) brother Marc's young life has come to an abrupt end. Yes folks, he still walks among those other teacher people at Glenwood Middle School in Chatham...well, maybe he doesn't walk...his hips have probably gone bad from old age...but he still works in that building. But his youngness is gone...and has been replaced by the fact that Marc is now 1/2 of a century old. For those of you that aren't mathemeticians, that means poor Markiss is now 50!!!!!!!!! Can you ever imagine being that old????????? Most likely not. Unless you're like Christopher Columbus or someone who is ancient (sorry I don't have a better historical reference...should have checked with someone smart on that topic...Kyle, where were you??). So where was I going with this....hmmm, no idea. Anyway, congrats on being old Marc. We love you! And your puppies miss you :-)

No comments: