Our Journey

Our Journey

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Leadville

Today I had to head to Leadville for a training that I missed in Eagle. We don't head up that way very often, but it's a beautiful drive (and bike ride) and a beautiful area. As I was driving today, I realized that we have never driven up there in the winter time. The road from Minturn to Leadville which is about 50 miles or so is almost entirely covered with a thin layer of snow. Lots of gravel on top of that snow... I got a chip in the windshield, that by the time I got back to Gypsum had spread about 10 inches... :-( Mt. Massive and Mt. Elbert for some reason looked so much more imposing when they are covered with snow! They are monstrous! It was a clear, cold and sunny day, and the mountains and surrounding forests looked very pristine with all the fresh snow up there.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

holy smokes! the same thing happened to our windshield!!!! justin watched ours spread! bummer.