Our Journey

Our Journey

Saturday, August 21, 2010

A very merry unbirthday!

Thursday, August 19: Nick had planned this day for a few weeks. All I knew is we were going to celebrate my birthday, Alana would be watching Cayle, and I should wear something decent (which is really code for "please don't wear the stretchy shorts you have worn almost every single day since you gave birth to Cayle.")

Turns out we had two stops on our unbirthday celebration: the New Belgium Brewery in Fort Collins and the Melting Pot in Louisville.

New Belgium brews Fat Tire - the beer they are best known for - and some other really tasty beverages. We had a 2 pm tour reserved and got plenty of samples along the tour. Crazy fact about New Belgium...the company was started in a guy's basement less than 20 years ago. They went from nothing to a huge brewery in less than 20 years...pretty awesome! Also, they have a guy whose job title is "director of fun." Seriously. I'm pretty sure I could handle being part-owner of New Belgium Brewery and making up fun things for the staff to do!
The above picture is me on the tour...kinda cool mirror!


After the tour, they had a bike you could pose on and this lovely poster to stand behind...
Ranger is the beer we got a growler of to bring home!
After the tour, we drove to Louisville (just outside of Boulder) and had dinner at the Melting Pot. Apparently Ronnie and Michelle frequent this place, but I had never been. I had actually never been out for fondue ever. It was amazing! First course was cheese (we selected a Swiss blend) with bread, apples and vegetables to dip. Then we had salads. After salads was the main course, which is what you see in front of me...chicken, shrimp, salmon, terriyaki steak and filet. Just when you thought it couldn't get any better, dessert arrived. Nick and I selected something called Yin and Yang...dark chocolate and white chocolate, which of course came with fruits, breads, brownies, etc. The whole meal was so good, fun to prepare and eat!

Things with Cayle went well while we were gone. Alana did an awesome job taking care of him. It was lots of fun to have a date with my hubby :)

No comments: