Our Journey

Our Journey

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th to all, and most Beautiful Ride!




Happy 4th of July! This morning I left for a ride at 7:30. It was gorgeous outstide. I decided to do about 20 miles so that I could get back and watch the Tour De France. I started heading up Valley road along Gypsum Creek, plan was to go up ten miles, and come back down. However the scenery was so absolutely gorgeous, basking in the morning sunlight, that I just couldn't turn around. The majority of the ride was on dirt road, all along Gypsum Creek, and slowly climbing. I have never been up here before, but this was one of, if not THE, most beautiful ride I have ever done! Road ride that is anyway. I just couldn't stop, I kept wanting to see around the next bend in the road. The properties and ranches up there were just absolutely stunning, set in the valley, with sheer rock walls on one side, and luscious pine forests on the other, with the creek flowing down through the middle of each property. Excellent fishing and hunting locations! I even found a little place for sale. 59 acres of stream side property! This would be close to my dream property, at least as close as I have seen yet. I only saw 3 cars the entire 40 mile ride. I eventually had to turn around cause it was getting too muddy for my skinny tires. I will for sure be heading back up this way sometime soon, and will try to get some good pics.
Gotta go mine for gold so that I can buy that real estate someday.........

No comments: