Our Journey

Our Journey

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Turning of the Tide.......


This blog may be kinda sentimental........ (I've been told that I am too sentimental by Natalie's sis...) So back when we began blogging, I wrote a blog about Wheelfast, the bike shop I had been going to for the past 3 years. It was just about beginning a new relationship with the new LBS and yada, yada, yada.

Well, with that being said since we have moved here, I have formed a decent relationship with Charlie at Mountain Pedaler. I have bought a few things from him, gone on rides with him, joined his mountain bike racing team, and hung out at the shop and drank beers with him. Yet there is one thing that I have not had him do.....until now..... Work on my bike.

It was so easy, and kind of routine before, when we lived in IL. Since I was friends with Matt and Jake, I could just drop off the bike the day before a rest day, tell them what I wanted done, and pick it up at the end of my rest day, and it would be done and ready to go, no matter how busy they may be.

I have a rest day tomorrow, with my first race of the season on Saturday in Grand Junction. So yesterday I stopped by to see Charlie to see if he could get my bike in for a new chain and a simple tune, and he was slammed. Spring is here, and people are ordering new bikes like crazy!!! I felt bad even asking him if he could work on my bike tomorrow, but when I mentioned it he said sure, he would be happy to get it taken care of, and I could pick it up at the end of the day. As I was walking home (after a pit stop at the nearly everything store to get my sweetie some gummy bears and nyquil) the thought ran through my head..... (imagine that, a thought in my head.....) NOW it is sort of official.... A NEW mechanic at a NEW bike shop is working on MY bike. I have almost entirely made the switch to a new LBS.

I'm sure from time to time I will still order things from Wheelfast, and I know Natalie will, as she is also very comfortable with their service, but for now at least, I have made a giant step in a new direction.

No comments: