Our Journey

Our Journey

Friday, June 27, 2008

Worth the Price.....

I bought this sweet mt. bike in 2006 while I lived in Springpatch, IL. I was head over heels with my new purchase. "love at first sight" I thought it would be the only mt. bike I would ever need....at least until it was unrideable.... I have made many friends while riding this bike, made many memories, some good (100 mile mud race with dad, brother and blackberry), & some not so good (tacoed wheel after going down huge hill and had to walk home....) . A close friend owns the LBS where we purchase these fun machines so I got a super good deal and paid about 400.00 less than retail. A steal as I thought about my new sweet stumpjumper hardtail with disc brakes.

Ok, Back to reality... We are now moving to the mountains. I remember having this sweet steed a couple of years ago in the mountains around durango, CO. I thought my teeth were going to be shaken out by all the rocks and bumpy ground that we rode on the 2 weeks we were there. I was forced to ride my tires at about 20 psi to make up for not having a rear shock. So now I have decided that it may be better to have a different bike for riding in the mountains. Being a rather large man I thought I should have a large bike. I have decided to make the jump to a 29errrrrr!!! BIG WHEELS for a BIG MAN! I have on order a Van Dessel 29er full suspension which I will review in a later post.

So unfortunately it is now time to say goodbye to the bike that I thought I would have "until death do us part"...... I recently sold this bike on ebay for $960.00. The question that popped up in my head after the sale was final is... Was it worth the price??? I ended up losing about 300.00 on this bike. Were the times that I had on it worth 300.00? Absolutely!! I say to myself. I can't even put a price on the good times that I had on this thing! Many good pictures and memories. Well worth 300 dollars!!!!

1 comment:

thesnake said...

I was just touching your new Jersey Devil inappropriately today. It will be on its way out to you soon, though.